Digital Photography Assignment 1


                                       

Photo ONE

Title: Poison Berry

Aperture 1/400, F 4.5, ISO 100. Focal length 29.0 mm.

Description & Evaluation

I choose this photo because of its shallow depth of field. You can still see the blurry background, but the main focus is on the bunch of berries. The camera technique I used was shallow depth of field, I got close to the subject to create a blurred background. I lowered the shutter speed number so then that’s lowering the focus, thus leaving you with focus on the subject and blurring the background out.  Having a high shutter speed number would not of blurred the background. I took a few images with different shutter speeds but this one worked out best for me.

 

Photo TWO

Title: Moving Car

 

Aperture 1/4, F 5.0, ISO 400, Focal length 17.0 mm.

Description & Evaluation

I used this image because it demonstrates the creative use of shutter speed, seeing the moving car while everything else is clear and in focus. The camera technique used that I learned was that if you lower the aperture the camera will take the photo for a longer number of seconds, thus leaving you with a photo with movement. I think, if I had a tripod, I could have made this photo better, I would have been able to open the aperture for longer which could have got a great shot, and the background could have been more in focus in my opinion.

 

Photo THREE

Title: Monument

 

Aperture 1/10, F 18.0, ISO 100, Focal length 18.0 mm.

Description & Evaluation

I created an image using the “Rule of thirds”. I like this photo of the monument because the monument catches your eye and is striking to the viewer.  The camera technique I used was to add the grid on the camera screen and see the main two points in the center of the photograph. It took me a few shots maybe 15 to get the right lighting and shutter speed. If I had a chance to take the photo again, I could improve by adding a bit of light. If I had increased the ISO and lowered the aperture it might have turned out better.


Photo FOUR

Title: Smelling Flowers

 

                                         

Aperture 1.3, F 8.0, ISO 100, Focal length 48.0 mm.

Description & Evaluation

I used this photo because I think it can portray a minimalist photo showing great simplicity. I like the simple pink flower with the small details of the closeness of the petals. The camera technique I used was, that if you lower the aperture, you can get focus on the simple details to focus your eyes so you can see the close-up details on the flower. I tried in multiple apertures and shutter settings, but this worked out best for me. If I was to take this photo again, I would be less close to the subject and add more depth.

  

Photo FIVE

Title: Late for the bus

 

Aperture 1/6, F 4.5, ISO 400, Focal length 24.0 mm.

Description & Evaluation

I used this image because it shows my creativity and the knowledge I have learned with cameras in manual mode. I created this photo by using shutter speed settings, by lowering it down I created a movement with all the lights during the night. I like this photo because you can see the lines from the shops and bus, as they look like faded lights. I could have increased the shutter speed to make the background clearer and I think it may be a bit under-exposed, but I like the way you can see the front part a bit clearer, and everything else is faded.

 






Comments